Grid level editor

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
glitchapp
Party member

Re: Grid level editor

Post by glitchapp »

darkfrei wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:39 am Nice work! Maybe make the grid lines thinner?
by the way I made some changes to your game logic, for example now it reads the exits directly from the grid, just in case you find it useful feel free to use the changes.

I made that change to let the editor easily work with your game logic because adding tables was a lot more messy and complicated. Thanks for the great game logic Darkfrei!
darkfrei
Party member

Post by darkfrei »

Do you have an idea to change the editor system from tiles to rectangles? viewtopic.php?p=253915#p253915

I don't know if the code will be easy or faster, but in such game editor it can be a nice trick to make simple objects.
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
glitchapp
Party member

Post by glitchapp »

that would be a nice add and looks pretty, I will add it to a wishlist and I may start working on it once I solved the main problems. I also plan to add other drawing tools such lines and rectangles, this tool will be also a pixel art tool.

Thanks for the ideas!
glitchapp
Party member

Post by glitchapp »

Last add is zoom in and out, you can now draw huge levels and keep all at sight.
Zoom functionality
Zoom functionality
zoom.gif (736.84 KiB) Viewed 5896 times
In addition to that, the zoom should now automatically set up according to the grid size to keep all within the screen margins
glitchapp
Party member

Post by glitchapp »

The standalone level editor I built and published in a repository has been updated with all the lately features I added to the tool:
New Ui design
Zoom in and out
Some geometry primitive such rectangles, lines and circles.
Tiles and backgrounds.

The only thing not working from the game is the ability to play the custom levels from the editor.
If you find the tool useful but don't want to download the game here you have the repository: https://codeberg.org/glitchapp/Grid-Level-Editor

If anyone uses it to create any level for any other project I'll be happy to know, although it has been built for very specific rules, you can tweak it to fit any purpose which not only includes levels but also graphics (to do so modify the export library).

I hope you find it useful!