Aa..aahH - something like an Hack'n Slash

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
qaisjp
Party member

Re: Aa..aahH - I want a MASSIVE BLOODY Hack'n Slash

Post by qaisjp »

The hacknslash, It isn't quite good, in my opinion.
The "Racer TopView.love" is quite intriguing, actually. What is it licensed under? You could actually implement "car drawing" game, draw stuff with the car; zoom in/out and easily enable certain colours.
Lua is not an acronym.
Darky
Citizen

Post by Darky »

the top-race-game has a weird feeling, is it normal that, when go go backward, it becomes easier to turn ? (also, you can reach unlimitted speed)
http://darky-ben.fr/Xut my webcomic (french)
wolrajhti
Prole

Post by wolrajhti »

Well qaisjp I hope it will be ! :p, but you're right it isn't quite good for now...
for the racer game You can do everything you want with it, I think I only used the camera lib from hump by vrld.
Some people said to me exactly the same idea of "drawing game", something like a spyrograph.

And Darky the gameplay is not finish at all, the drift formula is weird, and you're right, when you go backward, the rotation is easier. On my computer, the speed reach something like 1700, no way to go faster.

To talk about the main topic : Aa..aahH
I thought about what you said to me sanjiv and I have modified (a lot of) things to start a 'swarm behavior' for mobs. Now seeds are grouped in swarms with a centroïd that allow me to move in different ways:

- press 'e' and the seeds of each swarm will try to go out of its own swarm.
- press 'r' and the seeds will run to you.
- press 'g' and the seeds of each swarm will try to regroup.
- press 'c' and the seeds will try to reach your back from the left (sooo stupidly for now ^^).

of corse the goal is to make this behavior modifications automatics. Something like if you kill a lot of seeds in a swarm in few second then the swarm is afraid and go away from you and will try to regroup. etc.

I also optimized the target system to shoot more efficiently. weapons remain too powerfull or not enought, I didn't check that.
remember : press 1 for the shootgun, 2 for the submachine gun and 3 for big explosion.
wolrajhti
Prole

Re: Aa..aahH - something like an Hack'n Slash

Post by wolrajhti »

I start to think about rendering issues and I made something to draw the world on a tiledmap with a system for loading them only when they're needed. (After I will add a layer system to draw shadows from a dethmap and applying them to the scene).

the file contains a test in which a road is drawn from a specific semantic and you can go where ever you want with the main character. the tile size has to be optimized. now I set it to 256x256 px

I have to implement collision :death:
Attachments
Aa..aahH.love
(52.37 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Last edited by wolrajhti on Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

LÖVE refuses to run when I try to open that .love (or folder, if I extract it). Absolutely nothing happens.
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
wolrajhti
Prole

Post by wolrajhti »

It's ok on my computer, but a friend told me the same... I'm editing my last post with a working version!

Do you know what resolutions can be used? If I try something like 1920 * 1200, 960 * 600, 800 * 500, etc.. nothing happen when I click on the löve file...

the new version's resolution is the default 800x600.
Nixola
Inner party member

Post by Nixola »

This version works, I've got a 1360x768 monitor
lf = love.filesystem
ls = love.sound
la = love.audio
lp = love.physics
lt = love.thread
li = love.image
lg = love.graphics
wssmith04
Prole

Post by wssmith04 »

I like both games. Aa..aahH reminds me of a zombie shooter type game. Racer is fun too! :3
--Will
holothurian
Prole

Post by holothurian »

Are you planning on making the weapons in aa projectiles? They currently just feel like they are checking the area in front of me and killing things, then drawing lines afterwards!
Ubermann
Party member

Post by Ubermann »

Looks interesting.

But the shooting game is impossible, there are too much enemies and the weapon deals little damage. Zombies or whatever they are reach you in some seconds...

The car game looks quite strange... But promising :D

Also please, for next version, I would thank you don't set fullscreen mode as default.