Fall-Winter Demo

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Tesselode
Party member

Re: Fall-Winter Demo

Post by Tesselode »

rokit boy wrote:love to see more, also are you all running this on some hp? the spritebatch is fine.
You and your odd-one-out computer. I still have the line-flickering problem with the spritebatches.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Your problem is that you're drawing halfway between pixels and at non whole number scales. Floor your scaling and placement to a whole number.
kesac
Prole

Post by kesac »

Jasoco wrote:Your problem is that you're drawing halfway between pixels and at non whole number scales. Floor your scaling and placement to a whole number.
Ahh, thanks Jasoco! Attached is another version of the demo where everything is drawn at whole number coordinates (with sprite batch turned off again). Anyone willing to give it a go?
Attachments
FallWinterDemo2012-Floor.love
Same as the first version except everything is drawn using whole number coordinates only.
(310.21 KiB) Downloaded 119 times
Have you met the Child of Winter?
josefnpat
Inner party member

Post by josefnpat »

kesac wrote:
Jasoco wrote:Your problem is that you're drawing halfway between pixels and at non whole number scales. Floor your scaling and placement to a whole number.
Ahh, thanks Jasoco! Attached is another version of the demo where everything is drawn at whole number coordinates (with sprite batch turned off again). Anyone willing to give it a go?
That did it for me! Nice job!
Missing Sentinel Software | Twitter

FORCIBLY IGNORED.
<leafo> when in doubt delete all of your code
<bartbes> git rm -r *
<bartbes> git commit -m "Fixed all bugs"
<bartbes> git push
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

Much better!
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

Your unfinished demo is much more polished than many finished games (including mine)! Excellent.
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
MZ|One
Citizen

Post by MZ|One »

Hey man, this looks awesome! Technically, it's very smooth and runs nicely. The other version has solved the line flickering for me, too. Aesthetically, it feels absolutely lovely. Have you done the artwork? Anyway, I really like the overall vibe and you also obviously are very much able to deliver a polished build. It got me genuinely interested in the game, I'll be sure to play it when you have any version to check out. Good luck!
kesac
Prole

Post by kesac »

josefnpat wrote: That did it for me! Nice job!
Tesselode wrote:Much better!
Awesome, thanks for confirming! I guess I can declare this demo "done" now.
miko wrote:Your unfinished demo is much more polished than many finished games (including mine)! Excellent.
MZ|One wrote:Hey man, this looks awesome! Technically, it's very smooth and runs nicely. The other version has solved the line flickering for me, too. Aesthetically, it feels absolutely lovely. Have you done the artwork? Anyway, I really like the overall vibe and you also obviously are very much able to deliver a polished build. It got me genuinely interested in the game, I'll be sure to play it when you have any version to check out. Good luck!
Thanks for all the feedback! Most of the art is from opengameart.org, it's much better then anything I could draw! The only thing I drew was the background picture in the main menu. It's from another project of mine.
Have you met the Child of Winter?
Codex
Party member

Post by Codex »

Very nice demo. Well polished. It would be interesting to see you make a real game out of it!

:)