Unnamed Zombie Game v0.06

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
BozoDel
Party member

Re: Unnamed Zombie Game v0.05

Post by BozoDel »

I'm not getting those pesky error messages anymore! :awesome:

And it's getting pretty tough! :o
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

I can't kill the grey (robot?) zombies... intended?
trAInsported - Write AI to control your trains
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
GridCars - Our jam entry for LD31
Germanunkol.de
BozoDel
Party member

Post by BozoDel »

Germanunkol wrote:I can't kill the grey (robot?) zombies... intended?
Wut, not even with the new tazer gun? Cause it's the only way to kill them, right now. Weapon number 5, methinks.
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Ah, I missed that.
I thought that weapon 3 was the tazer.

Its a little annoying that I can't kill a zombie that's right ontop of me...it'll just slowly kill me.
Also, I think the player shoiuld be much faster than the zombies. Otherwise this game is incredibly hard. I've never survived more than a minute :P
Bandana (Dev blog) - Platformer featuring an awesome little ninja by Micha and me
Germanunkol.de
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

Germanunkol wrote:Ah, I missed that.
I thought that weapon 3 was the tazer.

Its a little annoying that I can't kill a zombie that's right ontop of me...it'll just slowly kill me.
Also, I think the player shoiuld be much faster than the zombies. Otherwise this game is incredibly hard. I've never survived more than a minute :P
Well, the player's speed is the same as the fastest zombie, if he is not shooting. If he is shooting, his speed is half of the max speed.

Any suggestions/comments?
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
Germanunkol
Party member

Post by Germanunkol »

Davidobot wrote:Well, the player's speed is the same as the fastest zombie, if he is not shooting. If he is shooting, his speed is half of the max speed.
I like that the player slows down when shooting, but I think the player should be faster than the fastest zombie. The zombies have their advantage in their numbers and the player has no chance when there's too many of them
How long do you survive when playing your own game? I bet it's not that long, either?
Davidobot wrote: Any suggestions/comments?
Well, as I said, I don't like that it's impossible to kill a zombie when he's reached you - then the player just slowly dies, while still being able to shoot other zombies.

I haven't tried this in multiplayer mode - how many player is it made for?
Back when I was still using another engine, another user of the engine programmed a simple but great multiplayer game. Your game reminds me of it: Survive! on indieDB. The great thing about the game is the "sanbox" like mode. During each wave, boxes are dropped from the sky which you can pick up and build a fortress out of. In fact, you have to - otherwise you'll die pretty quickly when the waves get harder.

What are your plans regarding gameplay? If you make it a multiplayer game that supports more people (10 or so) and if your server is Lua-only (no Löve dependency), then I could host an online server, where we could all try it together.

For a multiplayer game, I suggest:
- larger level
- "waves" of zombies, getting harder
- no instant respawn (cooldown, so there's a panelty when dieing)
Germanunkol.de
BozoDel
Party member

Post by BozoDel »

Hey, Davidobot, have you got something in mind for the soundtrack yet?
Davidobot
Party member

Post by Davidobot »

BozoDel wrote:Hey, Davidobot, have you got something in mind for the soundtrack yet?
Not a clue... :oops:
PM me on here or elsewhere if you'd like to discuss porting your game to Nintendo Switch via mazette!
personal page and a raycaster
shatterblast
Party member

Post by shatterblast »

I think adding a flame thrower might be cool. I think the bazooka should be able to kill all (or most) of the zombies, but have limited ammunition that can be picked up in the form of power-ups or whatever.

You might also consider land mines. It could allow a player full movement speed, kill most types but not all, like the heavy zombie. Yet again, limited ammo.

I think starting with two random weapons or a pre-made class with specific weapons could add flavor. One weapon could work on left-click while a different weapon works on the right click. For testing purposes, I think having all the weapons is cool, but I like the idea more of picking one up. It adds to the tension for me.

Left-click weapons might have infinite and rechargeable ammo. Right-click weapons might have limited ammo. It would really come out badly if a player has no ammo.

Just my two cents, so to speak.
Мэтю
Prole

Post by Мэтю »

I played the game, very nice xDDD
I see that have immortal zombies(or with much life) and the zombies occupies the same space from the player, they don't stop walking on reach the player. :rofl:
World needs love.