anim8 issue solved

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
joshandersen
Prole

anim8 issue solved

Post by joshandersen »

I solved the problem I was asking for help with last night regarding using the 'anim8' library. (my post has not been approved since last night, so nobody saw it)

I ran into the following problem - on a huge sprite, containing 112 frames in a row for an animation, anim8 was having issues loading it up and playing.
I fixed it by re-arranging the sprite sheet into a square, with 11 columns of 10 frames each. I changed the script & anim8 was able to work it's way through this, with no trouble.

In short, anim8 doesn't seem to like lots of frames in a single row, but doesn't mind large numbers of frames if arranged in multiple rows and columns. Maybe this will be of some use to someone.
coffee
Party member

Re: anim8 issue solved

Post by coffee »

joshandersen wrote: In short, anim8 doesn't seem to like lots of frames in a single row, but doesn't mind large numbers of frames if arranged in multiple rows and columns. Maybe this will be of some use to someone.
Welcome to forum, thanks for the warning but I suspect that couldn't not be a strange problem. Instead of be a a anim8 problem could well be a videocard dependent problem. Each videocard can support only till some Width x Height size in px, usually 2048 or 4096px in each size. Probably is what happened with you and so you had balance the W/H size of your image.
joshandersen
Prole

Re: anim8 issue solved

Post by joshandersen »

I am thinking the same way, after all is said and done, since no exceptions were tossed out from love or anywhere else. The tile map was huge - like 17900 * 144 pixels...

thanks for the response, glad I solved it on my own :3