Audio error running "Hello World" example

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
pixelpatrol
Prole

Audio error running "Hello World" example

Post by pixelpatrol »

Hi there, I am new to this forum and also new to the löve framework, which I've installed today on my iMac running Mac Os X Mountain Lion. When I run the Hello World example from the terminal, I get the app window with the "hello world" string, but also the following error in my terminal window:
2013-01-05 13:14:33.685 love[1056:707] Error loading /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDAudio: dlopen(/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDAudio, 262): no suitable image found. Did find:
/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin/Contents/MacOS/DVCPROHDAudio: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
2013-01-05 13:14:33.686 love[1056:707] Cannot find function pointer NewPlugIn for factory C5A4CE5B-0BB8-11D8-9D75-0003939615B6 in CFBundle/CFPlugIn 0x105aa3640 </Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin> (bundle, not loaded)
This is the first time I use a framework and already get an error in the "Hello World" example ;) , but despite that I'm still very enthusiastic about the löve framework. Anyone any idea about this error? It seems like some kind of audio driver error. I use a Firestudio Mobile USB audio card on my iMac.

UPDATE: seems to be a non löve related OS X plugin issue. I've tested löve audio and seems to work fine.