Monopoly game (demo)

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Re: Monopoly game (demo)

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Ah ok, I suspected that.
RPG
Party member

Post by RPG »

Robin wrote:I let them play for a while, this is the result:
epicness2.png
EDIT: I let it play even longer. When it reached $10 M, I called it quits.
This is normal behavior, this version only shows the gameplay. When a player runs out of money, he is out of the game (went bankrupt). In the end there is one player, but as the game does not end there, he continues to buy companies.
BlackBulletIV wrote:Nice man! I did notice one problem (or is it?), the memory meter up the top keeps climbing up to about 750/760, then it drops back to about 400, and then it starts over again. Luckily it doesn't just keep climbing, so it's not serious.
This is a normal work the garbage collector. When the memory consumption increases, the garbage collector runs and frees memory. The game memory is displayed in kilobytes, it is very little by modern standards.
During development, I eliminated a lot of memory leaks, before it grew very quickly, but now the memory within normal limits.

Tip: try to press "f" in the game (just for fun). Then press "f" again. Thig is development version and there is cheats :)
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Kilobytes eh? I'm don't think it's displaying all the memory then. My memory monitor said Lua was using 250 MB.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

RPG wrote:This is normal behavior, this version only shows the gameplay. When a player runs out of money, he is out of the game (went bankrupt). In the end there is one player, but as the game does not end there, he continues to buy companies.
I know, I've played monopoly. ;)
RPG wrote:Tip: try to press "f" in the game (just for fun). Then press "f" again. Thig is development version and there is cheats :)
Awesome, that would have made my screen shot much easier. :P
EDIT: yes it would. Same result within seconds, literally.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
RPG
Party member

Post by RPG »

BlackBulletIV wrote:Kilobytes eh? I'm don't think it's displaying all the memory then. My memory monitor said Lua was using 250 MB.
This is memory used for lua objects. The remaining memory is used for libraries (eg, OpenGL), textures, sounds.

But 250 MB is abnormally for this game. On my computer, memory usage is 50 MB.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

I played it again, and this time it's about 45-60 MB as you said. Funny thing is that last time I played it, a process named "Lua" was taking up 250 MB, not "love". This time the "Lua" process doesn't show. I think this might be because I had interactive Lua running... that's probably it.

Anyway, good luck with the game!
RPG
Party member

Post by RPG »

I think that Lua is a different process, not related to the game.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

It is. As I said:
BlackBulletIV wrote:I think this might be because I had interactive Lua running... that's probably it.