Jetman

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
arikel2
Prole

Jetman

Post by arikel2 »

Hello, here's a little game i've been working on to learn some Lua and Love2D (0.9.0) basics. It's a jetman, so the controls are dead simple : right mouse button or space to activate the jetpack, escape to pause / get the menu.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/1q53n ... etman.love

BozoDel
Party member

Re: Jetman

Post by BozoDel »

Good. Tho I think the replay/restart level thing should be more obvious.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

In my computer it's impossible to play. Jetman spanws and immediately (in less than 1 sec) he crashes downwards with the first wall. I keep pushing space the whole time. I hear the jets activating, but still I go down much faster than up. It looks like some kind of problem with gravity/dt.
When I write def I mean function.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

kikito wrote:In my computer it's impossible to play. Jetman spanws and immediately (in less than 1 sec) he crashes downwards with the first wall. I keep pushing space the whole time. I hear the jets activating, but still I go down much faster than up. It looks like some kind of problem with gravity/dt.
That's happening for me, too.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
arikel2
Prole

Post by arikel2 »

BozoDel wrote:Good. Tho I think the replay/restart level thing should be more obvious.
Thanks, and indeed, it looks like i need to make that more obvious.
davisdude wrote:
kikito wrote:In my computer it's impossible to play. Jetman spanws and immediately (in less than 1 sec) he crashes downwards with the first wall. I keep pushing space the whole time. I hear the jets activating, but still I go down much faster than up. It looks like some kind of problem with gravity/dt.
That's happening for me, too.
The game enters a "replay" mode after death, you have to press escape then click on "restart level" to restart. I should probably have the menu pop up instead of silently entering the replay mode. Thanks for the feedback.
kikito
Inner party member

Post by kikito »

uuuuf. ok.

I would remove the replay and just restart the level after death.
When I write def I mean function.
BozoDel
Party member

Post by BozoDel »

Hey, I gave it a spin again, and I want to highlight a couple points:
- Even though levels are procedural and increase in difficulty, they seem to be quite playable (I went as far as level 8). I guess it would be easy to make some areas impossible by accident, but you seem to be able to avoid that.
- The player's collision box is rather small, which I find appropriate for this kind of game.

Just thought we should mention the good parts ^^
szmol96
Citizen

Post by szmol96 »

Heh, this reminds me of Jetpack Joyride! :D
All your code are belong to us.