Bounded: The Game Released

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
Semeon
Prole

Re: Bounded: The Game Released

Post by Semeon »

Sorry, guys for any problems you face. This game wasn't meant to be released but I thought that it would be a great idea to release it. Anyway I'm currently working on an actuall game that i plan to release haven't figured out a name for I'll make a forum thread withithe next couple of days... Again sorry, hope you are not mad at me.
MadByte
Party member

Post by MadByte »

Semeon wrote:This game wasn't meant to be released but I thought that it would be a great idea to release it. Anyway I'm currently working on an actual game that i plan to release
Wait, you released something unplayable that you don't wanted to release and now you're not going to finish this project (or at least try to solve the problems) and instead you gone release another game ? :shock:

Sounds like you should rethink your way of development my friend.
I read some threads where you asked stuff like shooting bullets, checking collisions, using controllers just some days ago - so I guess you just started to learn coding using Lua and LÖVE ? - thats cool, everyone started somewhere. :awesome:

I would like to encourage you to begin by learning some more stuff using tutorials or by reading through the wiki. This community here is also really helpful if you want to ask more directly - but to keep things easier for us and yourself - try to search the forum before you create a new thread and ask your question. There's almost no beginner question that hadn't been answered already.
bobbyjones
Party member

Post by bobbyjones »

MadByte wrote:
Semeon wrote:This game wasn't meant to be released but I thought that it would be a great idea to release it. Anyway I'm currently working on an actual game that i plan to release
Wait, you released something unplayable that you don't wanted to release and now you're not going to finish this project (or at least try to solve the problems) and instead you gone release another game ? :shock:

Sounds like you should rethink your way of development my friend.
I read some threads where you asked stuff like shooting bullets, checking collisions, using controllers just some days ago - so I guess you just started to learn coding using Lua and LÖVE ? - thats cool, everyone started somewhere. :awesome:

I would like to encourage you to begin by learning some more stuff using tutorials or by reading through the wiki. This community here is also really helpful if you want to ask more directly - but to keep things easier for us and yourself - try to search the forum before you create a new thread and ask your question. There's almost no beginner question that hadn't been answered already.
I know one that hasn't been answered yet on THIS forum. How do I get my neat game greenlit so I can make the monies?
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Semeon wrote:Sorry, guys for any problems you face. This game wasn't meant to be released but I thought that it would be a great idea to release it. Anyway I'm currently working on an actuall game that i plan to release haven't figured out a name for I'll make a forum thread withithe next couple of days... Again sorry, hope you are not mad at me.
Relax, I don't think anyone is mad at you. I reported the problems I found in case you weren't aware. One of the problems I reported turned out to be my fault that I hadn't read the notices that it required a controller, sorry for that. The zip problem is easy to fix, just either pack it as an actual .zip (like you do with the love file) or rename it to .rar.
steVeRoll
Party member

Post by steVeRoll »

I actually happen to have a controller - either the game doesn't work, or i'm stupid. I pressed start, then there were those squares going to the center. I don't know, I tried every single button, nothing happened. I know you said you didn't actually want to release it, but still - you even wrote the controls!