[FINISHED] Wake Up Call

Show off your games, demos and other (playable) creations.
T-Bone
Inner party member

Re: [FINISHED] Wake Up Call

Post by T-Bone »

Really cool game, but it crashed horribly at this part (spoilers?) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7572962/2012-10 ... .41.40.jpg

Worst crash I've ever experienced with LÖVE, the entire computer froze, I wasn't even able to turn into non-GUI Linux (Ctrl+Alt+F1), which usually always works, no matter how hard it crashes :P
qaisjp
Party member

Post by qaisjp »

T-Bone wrote:Really cool game, but it crashed horribly at this part (spoilers?) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7572962/2012-10 ... .41.40.jpg

Worst crash I've ever experienced with LÖVE, the entire computer froze, I wasn't even able to turn into non-GUI Linux (Ctrl+Alt+F1), which usually always works, no matter how hard it crashes :P
not really a spoiler though. sounds weird, the only problem i got was in the orbs flying down and you had to get to the top. all of a sudden no more orbs came and i stopped moving to the top. but i could still move.
Lua is not an acronym.
MZ|One
Citizen

Post by MZ|One »

T-Bone: Sorry about that. To be honest, I have no idea what could have caused that. You were all the way at the end of the game though!

In other news, Windows version 1.1 should be on Desura soon, fixing the Radeon 2400 font glitch in LÖVE. I can confirm that the game used to crash on a computer with this card as soon as love.graphics.print() was called and that the proposed solution of checking for non-zero width and height at the appropriate line has helped solved that.
ivan
Party member

Post by ivan »

Awesome work, MZ|One! It's a gem of a game primarily because of the strong emphasis on the player experience.
Having said that I do have some suggestions if you ever decide to go back and rework certain things.
Some of the mini games worked great in the given context, like the mazes, the word game was a nice touch (although it didn't recognize "sea+man", hehe), the one with the blurred images stood out the most for me. The best part was that the minigames were original and you had to figure out WHAT to do - this I think is the strength of the game as a whole.
Some of the mini games were not as appropriate, like the climbing game and the one were you have to balance the scales. I felt like those two particular games didn't fit in the theme because the gameplay goal was too obvious. Also the ending was a little bland in my opinion.
Other than that, it's a great game so hats off to you! :)
MZ|One
Citizen

Post by MZ|One »

Thanks, man! Awesome that you liked it. Thanks very much for the feedback, I appreciate it!