Fixed screen in Menori

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ehfrank
Prole

Fixed screen in Menori

Post by ehfrank »

Hello! I'm currently trying to use a 3D library called Menori! Working on trying to make the screen fixed to a certain shape when the user resizes it. When the screen is resized, Menori's graphics are stretched, and I do not want that. Here is an example of what I want, and what I do not want:
buh.PNG
buh.PNG (26.68 KiB) Viewed 2887 times
There's probably some way to do it, who knows, It may be right under my nose, but I'm not sure how to! I've tried editing the library many times, and even went back to an old version of Menori and edited that, but I haven't gotten close to having the screen fixed. Here is a link to the library: https://github.com/rozenmad/Menori
If anyone knows how to make the screen fixed like how I'm describing, it would be much appreciated if you shared.
MrFariator
Party member

Re: Fixed screen in Menori

Post by MrFariator »

I'm not familiar with Menori, but I presume you can render its output (and any other things you need) onto a canvas. You can then figure out the biggest rectangle that respects the desired aspect ratio, and then render the canvas to the screen with those dimensions.