Troubleshooting in ubuntu downloading games

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
astinx
Prole

Troubleshooting in ubuntu downloading games

Post by astinx »

Hi there!
I have downloaded love framework just for run some games, but when i wanna run a game i only see a black screen in a window. Its strange because when i run the games in the demo path they actually run fine. Happens the same with all game what i download. ¿Can be a missing package?
Sorry for the bad english, any way thanks! :)
Robin
The Omniscient

Re: Troubleshooting in ubuntu downloading games

Post by Robin »

Could you give some more information on exactly what you did, then? We might be able to help you, but right now it could be anything.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
miko
Party member

Post by miko »

astinx wrote:Hi there!
I have downloaded love framework just for run some games, but when i wanna run a game i only see a black screen in a window. Its strange because when i run the games in the demo path they actually run fine. Happens the same with all game what i download. ¿Can be a missing package?
Sorry for the bad english, any way thanks! :)
What game exactly? You probably have love 0.7, and your games could be for love 0.5 or 0.6, or 0.8, which are not compatible. BTW, how do you "run a game"? If you run from a command line (a terminal window), it could print out some error.
My lovely code lives at GitHub: http://github.com/miko/Love2d-samples
astinx
Prole

Post by astinx »

Sorry i found the solution, i have some packages missings. I downloaded the packages from this site http://pkgs.org/ubuntu-11.10/ubuntu-uni ... 6.deb.html and the games are running.