LÖVE (the software) is licensed under the terms of the ZLIB license. This is a very liberal license which permits almost anything.
The old, imported documentation is licensed under the FreeBSD Documentation license. This is similar to ZLIB, but meant for written documents as opposed to software.
Copyright © 2006-2018 LÖVE Development Team
This software is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
- Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented as being the original software.
- This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
The FreeBSD Documentation license
Copyright © 2006-2010 LÖVE Development Team. All rights reserved.
Redistribution and use in source (XML) and compiled forms (HTML) with or without modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions are met:
- Redistributions of source code (XML) must retain the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer as the first lines of this file unmodified.
- Redistributions in compiled form (HTML) must reproduce the above copyright notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
THIS DOCUMENTATION IS PROVIDED BY THE LÖVE DEVELOPMENT TEAM "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LÖVE DEVELOPMENT TEAM BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS DOCUMENTATION, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
LÖVE is currently using these libraries.
- Lua - Scripting.
- OpenGL - Hardware accelerated graphics.
- DevIL - Image loading (0.9.2 and earlier).
- SDL - OS abstraction, mouse input, keyboard input.
- LuaSocket - Network.
- FreeType 2 - Font loading and rasterization.
- PhysicsFS - Filesystem management + support for archive files.
- OpenAL Soft - Audio playback.
- mpg123 - MP3 support.
- libogg/vorbis - OGG support.
- libmodplug - Tracker formats support.
- Box2D - Physics simulation.
Tiếng Việt –